Full-time position – 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
The Wellness Nurse position assists the Resident Care Director with the management of the community. The nurse will follow up on family issues and includes supervision of the Resident Care Associates. This position oversees the health needs of our residents and works with the Resident Care Director related to on-call duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with planned assessments, service plan coordination, and pre-occupancy screening in the absence of the Resident Care Director.
- Provide assessment visits to residents who feel ill, and reports incidents/illness (as appropriate and authorized) by resident to family contact, using best nursing judgment to determine if resident needs prompt medical attention, and communicating follow up care to be provided by Resident Care Associates.
- Participate in Self-Administered Medication Management and Limited Medication Management.
- Works collaboratively with healthcare providers.
- Manages Resident Care Associates.
- Assesses compliance and quality audits of the SAMM/LMA program, assuring that documentation records are complete and accurate.
- Assists Resident Care Director in monitoring and maintaining Wellness department files, resident records, filing of medication and personal care sheets monthly as well as maintaining discharged records.
- Assists Resident Care Director with staff development and orientation.
- Responsible for participating in staff training.
- Assists the Resident Care Director with protocol of Executive Office of Elder Affairs.
- Must be licensed in the State of Massachusetts as a Registered Nurse or a Licensed Practical Nurse with knowledge of aging and disability issues.
- Must possess a high degree of interpersonal relations skills and have a strong desire to enhance the quality of life of residents living in assisted living.
- Good judgment and leadership skills as well as strong organizational and time management skills are essential.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with elders or persons with disabilities.
- Develop, maintain, and implement or arrange for the implementation of individualized service plans.
- Experience in a healthcare setting.
Please submit the form below to apply for the Wellness Nurse position.
"*" indicates required fields